Thursday, September 22, 2011

I know I haven't written in a long time.

But I've been training hard as hell for this upcoming tournament.

  • the Secret
  • funerals
  • I got a job!
  • if I think of anything else I'll write it later.
the Secret
I started reading the Secret last week and though I haven't finished it (due to training), it has noticeably impacted the way I think about things. I have an even more optimistic outlook on life and remain a positive person. If you think this is a bunch of mumbo jumbo, that's probably because you are a pessimistic character. So, it kind of works.

funerals
My work-out buddy's mom died last week Saturday. I was getting ready to head over to her house to do a scrapbook for my best friend's birthday (I canceled on him for him) and I called her and she told me she passed from a massive heart attack. After we clicked, I cried. I have much love for my workout buddy, Viv, she is a wonderful person that I enjoy spending time with and I felt so terrible. My family attended her mother's funeral last Monday and paid our respects. We met the rest of the family, and I saw familiar faces that I hadn't seen since "M" decided to completely terminate our friendship. My sister cried really hard and I could only look at my mom and whisper "I Love You" to her. Guys, appreciate who you have around you. You never know what day could be their last.

I got a job.
So Monday before the funeral, my dad called me and asked me if I knew that the furniture store down the street was hiring. Since I said no, he offered me to take me and so I did, using the Secret of knowing that I was going to land this job since before I knew that there was a job offer. I arrived, filled out an application, turned it in. Went home, did an assessment test (which was actually challenging) and that was it. Tuesday, I received a call asking me to come in on Wednesday for a group interview. I was so excited, eager, and laughing a lot. I feel cheerful and on top of the world, truly.

Yesterday, Wednesday I created a new memory that I will tell my kids (when I have 'em.)

I didn't have a ride to the interview. So I had to walk there. This store is down the street in a car. This store is a long walk away by legs. :) No problem though, I never complained about walking unless I was really tired (and then I did complain but did it anyways.) I packed my nice clothes into a bag, put in my hair ironer, a brush and my usual purse stuff and headed out 45 minutes early. I was dressed in athletic shorts, sneakers and a white tee.

I reached the Burger King in the corner, changed into my long sleeve business shirt, my pencil pants with the wide leg and heels. Then I click clacked over to the store.

Now, I can walk in heels. I've had that pair for a few years and they look brand spanking new. And they AREN'T new because I have worn them more than I have probably wore anything else. Really.

But yesterday, for the life of me, I was so nervous, I walked like a duck.

DOESN'T MATTER, because I got to the store early. The manager was surprised at my earliness. Apparently, not every one comes early to interviews. Actually, people don't actually SHOW UP for interviews. The group interview consisted of another lady (about 46) and myself.

Was I nervous? Yes. Was I scared? Definitely. Did I show it? Not at all. I surprised myself too there, at the calmness I had. Many it was because I knew that I had it in the bag already. After some questions that I had no idea how I answered, the manager let me know he would call me to let me know what was up.

I ducked into Subways after, grabbed a bite to eat, and changed in their bathroom. Then I headed home to regain my feet after being in those darn shoes.

I got a call later and, well, I got the job.

:-)


if I think of anything else, I'll write later.
Self explanatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment